Tires/Dealer Support

Recently, I replaced the stock 57's with 56SS's.  Bought them mail order
from Chapparal.  Good price and I rec'd them within one week of placing
order.  I would have probably bought them from my local dealer and have
them installed, however I am fortunate enough to ride with friends who have
their own tire changing and balancing equipment.  No, they are not in the
business.  They are just aware of the long term savings of
changing/mounting tires.  Pretty serious motorcyclists.  My cost of their
expertise and training?  $10.

I too, believe we should support our dealers.  I certainly do.  In addition
to the two bikes I have purchased in the past 3 years (BMW R1200C, Triumph
Sprint) I can easily count another $4,000 in repairs (not the ST) and
another $2000+ in clothing and accessories.

As long I continue to support my dealer with the majority of my purchases I
have no guilt in searching for, and purchasing from, the best price offer
on the internet.

It would be great if the TRSA would be recognized by all Triumph dealers in
the form of discounts off of list for parts and accessories.

Oh, BTW, the 56SS's, with only 600 miles on them, seem to be sticking a lot
better than the 57's.  A real confidence builder.

Rick Young
'99 Black ST