Front fork modifications

Hi Gang,

This topic has recently been coming up on the ST net and I would like some
feedback.

I'm seriously thinking about putting in the Gold Valve Emulators and after
market front fork springs from Race Tech.   What I would like to know is,
has anyone DONE THIS THEMSELVES?  I previously installed a set of
Progressive front fork springs in my Kawasaki Concours with little or no
difficulty --- just loosened the triple clamps, took off the clip-ons,
unscrewed the top fork caps, and then pulled out the spacers and old
springs, dropped in the new ones and closed it up.     I'm not trying to be
naive, but how much more difficult is the installation of the emulators and
the springs on the Triumph.   I haven't bought a manual (probably need to).

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.   I'm  pretty handy working on
the bike, but don't want to screw it up, if this is something I should have
done at my local shop.   I seem to remember some posting indicating that
when the fork oil is to be changed the forks have to be completely
removed????? If this is true, I'm a bit worried about whether or not I can
pull off the Race Tech installation myself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lance  "Dawgmanaut" LaCerte,  Denver, CO     Red '99 ST