RE: Macadams

> Greg DellaCorte wrote: I noticed today that the 2000 ST owners manual
recommends Michelin Macadams as an alternative tire.  In my Suzuki Bandit
days many on their
list swore by them.  Has anyone tried them on the Sprint?

The dealer changed the original Bridgerocks for Macadams at my last service.
I got 11,000km from the original rear, the front still had a bit of life but
I changed it anyway.  I've only done 1,000 km on them since - it's been a
bit too cold & snowy to do much more! - mostly motorway miles two-up, not
twisties.

So far the Macadams feel fine in (very) wet & dry weather.  I'm not exactly
a knees-down hero but I had two or three small but unnerving slides with the
Bridgestones, something I'd never had in 30,000 km on my previous bike
(Suzuki GSX600F with Metzelers).  The Macadams haven't done that at all so
far.  They are also approved for the bike by the German TUV.

Neil