Dangers of manhole covers

Neil:

I agree with your practicing - and would advocate controlled drills in a
parking lot or low to no traffic area, don't practice in traffic. An
excellent drill for getting used to leaning the bike is slow speed tight
circles such as those in an MSF class.

I'd also respectfully suggest that avoiding manhole covers is not a game
- - it should be part of everyday riding safety.  If you don't do it
already, motoryclists in general should not ride over any part of a
manhole cover - if they're loose (which they are quite often) or wet -
down you go.  Falls into the same catagory as gravel, wet bricks and
dark or shiney spots on the road.

Robb
Robb@xxxxxxxxxxx