Sadness and pain

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF9B1F.2BF919A0

I was on the losing team in an ST vs. SUV wrestling match this morning.  =
I was driving down highway 101 from San Francisco on my way to work when =
a woman in the lane to my right decided that she wanted to be in my =
lane.  She also decided that she wanted to be right in the space that I =
was occupying.  I hit the left side of her car, shearing off her mirror =
and throwing me off the bike into the lane.  After some creative =
cartwheels and flips I found myself laying on my back in what would have =
been the fast lane of traffic if people hadn't all hit their brakes. =20

I came out of the accident pretty healthy.  My right shoulder and elbow =
are throbbing from where I hit her, and my left hip, knee and ankle are =
not being very cooperative about supporting weight; I think that's where =
I hit the ground first.  But hey, the X-ray showed that I didn't break =
anything in my elbow and the real pain won't set in until tomorrow. =20

The ST (Less than a month old.  Very depressing) did not fare so well.  =
Almost every piece of plastic is shattered, cracked or badly scuffed, =
the left side controls are all either still on the ground in San Mateo =
or mangled and hanging off the bike.  The tow truck operator said the =
forks were bent too, and the tail looked like it was no longer parallel =
to the rear tire.

*grumble*  *wince*

The police said that the woman admitted that she didn't see me and that =
unless the witness has a totally different story that she was probably =
at fault.  I'll keep you all informed about what happens with insurance.

Shoot me now.

David

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF9B1F.2BF919A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I was on the losing team in an =
ST vs. SUV=20
wrestling match this morning.&nbsp; I was driving down highway 101 from =
San=20
Francisco on my way to work when a woman in the lane to my right decided =
that=20
she wanted to be in my lane.&nbsp; She also decided that she wanted to =
be right=20
in the space that I was occupying.&nbsp; I hit the left side of her car, =

shearing off her mirror and throwing me off the bike into the =
lane.&nbsp; After=20
some creative cartwheels and flips I found myself laying on my back in =
what=20
would have been the fast lane of traffic if people hadn't all hit their=20
brakes.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>I came out of the accident =
pretty=20
healthy.&nbsp; My right shoulder and elbow are throbbing from where I =
hit her,=20
and my left hip, knee and ankle are not being very cooperative about =
supporting=20
weight; I think that's where I hit the ground first.&nbsp; But hey, the =
X-ray=20
showed that I didn't break anything in my elbow and the real pain won't =
set in=20
until to</FONT>morrow.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The ST (Less than a month =
old.&nbsp; Very=20
depressing) did not fare so well.&nbsp; Almost every piece of plastic is =

shattered, cracked or badly scuffed, the left side controls are all =
either still=20
on the ground in San Mateo or mangled and hanging off the bike.&nbsp; =
The tow=20
truck operator said the forks were bent too, and the tail looked like it =
was no=20
longer parallel to the rear tire.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>*grumble*&nbsp; =
*wince*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>The police said that the woman =
admitted=20
that she didn't see me and that unless the witness has a totally =
different story=20
that she was probably at fault.&nbsp; I'll keep you all informed about =
what=20
happens with insurance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>Shoot me now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" =
size=3D2>David</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01BF9B1F.2BF919A0--