(no subject)

Sorry to hear about your accident.  I  was going to wash the sprint today
while preoccupied with other matters, pulled the bike out of the garage, put
it on the side stand, and watched as it toppled onto it's right side on top
of my trusty plastic bucket.  It trashed both fairing pieces, mirror, tank,
pipe, and brake lever.  does anyone have any clue what this mess will cost?
The bucket actually smashed the fairing and dented the tank.  i should
mention that my alley is gravel.  the moral of this story is to not wash the
bike when you are preoccupied with other stuff.  probably not a good idea to
ride either
on another note (thread)  i also routinely short shift my bike.  i live in
chicago and find
5000 rpm upshifts in heavy traffic to be fatiguing.  the bike shifts fine at
3000 or 4000 rpm into any gear.  practice on an older beemer with a bad
rearend for a few years and a st shifts like a dream      dirty bikes are
safer!