Re: Crosswinds

I too am an MSF instructor, I was only using the terminology that was
presented. My point is the pressing is not downward pressure, but forward
pressure on the bar in the direction you wish to go.

In a message dated 4/30/00 7:44:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
Bruce.Dinoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am a motorcycle riding instructor and we prefer that you don't say
>  "countersteer".  It seems to confuse new riders.  We always say "press in
>  the direction that you wish to go".  After you are experienced it really
>  doesn't matter because you do it naturally.  That's my 2 cents worth.  B.
>

>  For what it is worth, counter steering consists of pressing forward on the
>  bar in the direction you wish to go, not downward.

Brad Hancock, LT, CEC, USN
Mundelein, IL
SprintSTRider@xxxxxx

"I'm not totally useless, I can set a bad example!"