Re: Engine fault indicator

I can't help with your engine fault, however ...

> Silly me...managed to flatten the battery on my ST last week.  While doing
> some work on it, I had the ignition key on as usual, to prevent the alarm
> sounding every time I touched the bike.  The lights were off, the heated
> grips were off, but the computer current drain was enough to flatten the
> battery after an hour or so, especially after the ST had been standing for
> three weeks while I'd been away fooling around with another mistress (a
> beautiful blue 96 Tiger).

Just press the triangle on the key fob next time instead of turning on the
ignition.  This puts the alarm into "ferry" mode and prevents it from
sounding because of movement.  You can sit on the bike, roll it around, etc.
in ferry mode and it'll never squawk.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"