RE: hiking pack

>Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 22:04:50 -0700
>From: Justen Fauth <justen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: hiking pack

>Hi,

>Have an of you tried to carry a large backpack on your bike? <snip>

Justen
I have indeed carried a backpack on my bike. A "standard" 40-litre job (the
backpack!) which, it must be said, was only half full at the time.
I even did a few Alpine twisties while it stayed firmly on there and
affected the handling no more than the usual weight displacement towards the
rear.
However I did have the topcase on, and I fixed the thing - upright - to that
and other more permanent points with several well-placed bungees.
I suppose it's like riding with a deadweight pillion, but I don't think I'd
like to get caught in a sidewind just north of Monterey...
Mark
Munich, Germany