Re: Bike Accident in April

> It is with great sadness that I must inform the list of yet another ST
that
> has to go to where all great bike go to after some stupid car driver pulls
> out in font of them (a witness said that it was completely the car drivers
> fault - hurrah!).  The sad day happened on the 4th of April and I've just
> got back in front of a keyboard.

> So, it is with envoy that as you lot are racing around enjoying the
summer,
> I will be recovering from the accident and awaiting for the insurance pay
> out/replacement bike  and clothing - Any ideas how long this could take in
> the UK? (Never had a bike accident before!)
>
> Still,
>
> Safe and happy riding
>
> Mark.

And I was feeling sorry for myself having a broken wrist!

A car pulled out in front of me on 20 April and I had to spend Easter in
hospital having and recovering from an operation on my wrist. I should be
riding again about six weeks from now. My ST only had 530 miles on the clock
and was due in for it's first service the Tuesday after Easter. So I'm
really pissed off about not being able to ride it.

My insurance claim has just gone in, I also have a witness to clarify it was
the car drivers fault. I'm also taking a separate action against the
driver's insurance company to recover "uninsured losses", such as the
injury, clothing and my insurance excess.

I would be very interested to hear how your insurance claim goes, I'm
slightly worried about losing my no claims even though it was 100% the other
guys fault. It wouldn't be the first time I've been stitched up by an
insurance company.

Keep me informed!

Robert Wilson
London.