Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:36:37 +0100
From: "Mark Smithers" <mark_smithers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Bike Accident in April

It is with great sadness that I must inform the list of yet another ST that
has to go to where all great bike go to after some stupid car driver pulls
out in font of them (a witness said that it was completely the car drivers
fault - hurrah!).  The sad day happened on the 4th of April and I've just
got back in front of a keyboard.  Injuries to me were a fractured shoulder,
broken ribs and lots of bruising.  To my bike, well the right hand fork was
ripped off the bike, the right-hand side of the engine is 'missing' (i.e.
sitting next to bike and not connected!), front wheel an interesting new
shape and the usual damage to the plastics, can, fuel tank and panniers.