RE: Weekend trip

> 2)Trying to use the y2k T5 shift lever.  I had to decide which
> 'setting' to
> use.  Either just a bit too high, where my foot rides on it in normal
> riding, but I can get under it comfortably.  Or, a bit low, where down
> shifts are comfortable, but I end up using the side of my boot to
> up shift.
> I chose the later, as the first setting could lead to accidental down
> shifts, not a good thing :)  It seems to be working ok, but I'm trying to
> figure a way to split the difference between the stock shift peg location
> and the T5 levers shift peg location.  The T5 levers shift peg is about 1
> 1/4" to 1 1/2" closer to the foot peg and the splines don't give small
> enough increments to fine tune it up and down, so far.  Didn't
> someone else
> mention they were also trying this?  What was your experience?

I tried the shift lever also. I wound up cutting and welding to shorten mine
to about the same position as stock but that was too short making shifting
fairly hard, I'm back to stock now.

> 3)The Joe Rocket Rhino jacket did actually keep me dry in the
> misty to light
> rain conditions on the trip back this morning.  The jacket was assisted in
> this by the new shield throwing less water on me than the stock on.  The
> Cordura on the sleeve did transmit a mildly annoying amount of cold to my
> bare arms under it, a long sleeve shirt should cure this.

On this note, we got to try out the Triumph Frontier suits 2 weeks back in
our trip to St. Louis. We got 4 days of steady rain between going out and
back and had not a single drop of water leak through either suit (Dee's or
mine) and that is a fact. I don't particularly like the way the suit fits
but I have never had raingear work that well.

Paul & Dee