Gear shift Adjustment

Having purchased my RS about 3 weeks ago, and having accumulated 900km and
1 speeding fine, the only gripe I have (apart from the 1 headlight farce)
is that the gear level is set too high, meaning that I have to raise my
foot off the peg to shift down. Can anyone tell me the simple way to adjust
this level. In the words of a recent post, I'm not what you would call a
'real motorcyclist', preferring to ride my bike rather than tinker with it
(I leave that to the experts), but I figure adjusting the gear shift should
be a simple task, even for me.

Cheers

Mike 'Depudee Dawg' Hill
00 Sprint RS, Yellow "B3"