for Mike Hill - gear change adjustment

 To answer your question Mike, the two little nuts on the shaft turn
in opposite directions enabling you to effectively lengthen or
shorten the shaft if you want to change the shift lever position.
Experiment and you'll soon find the right spot for you. I changed my
RS's shift and brake lever positions several times before I found the
best positions.

                                      Have fun;

                                         donnydogood   - - - o%\o