Re: for Thomas - son on pillion

So when, in your opinion, is the child "..old enough to be able to make a
conscious decision based on the risks..".  Scott's son is asking to ride
along.  As long as their interested, and will listen and understand the
basic pre-ride speech about what goes where, and what is going to happen,
it's time to turn them on to the biking fun!  I will say that if they can't
comfortably reach the pillion pegs then they shouldn't go, yet.

I don't intend to flame or bash the point made.  I'm saying this because
I've been looking at the statistics of the motorcycling world.  It screams a
few things; not enough young people, and not enough trained and licensed
riders all around.  If we can teach then respect for the speed, and
enjoyment of the ride young, motorcycling and motorcyclists will be much
more prevalent and respected in todays culture.

- -Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

PS. this may be soapbox stomping in front of the choir.  If so, consider it
just me venting my frustration over too much 'save the children' from
anything and everything in todays society.