RE: Gear shift Adjustment

> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
> Steven Kohlscheen
>
> I can't remember if the RS shifter is the same as the ST, but
> on the ST you loosen the 2 nuts on the shifter rod, they are
> threaded opposite each other, so both are pull up on the
> wrench to loosen.  Then spin the rod.  As it spins the lever
> will raise or lower.  Experiment with locations, once you
> reach a comfortable compromise, tighten the nuts back down.
> I understand the concern of hitting the lever on the ground in
> a left hand corner, but I really have to ask, who is riding
> their bike that hard? I would think scrubing your boots and
> peg feelers would warn you before the shifter touched down.
> Unless the shifter is way below the peg.

Careful lowering the shifter. It is possible for the shift lever to
contact the rod if the lever is moved too far down. That will bend and
eventually break the rod, leading to a loss of shifting. When you
adjust it, be sure to move it through it's full range of motion before
cranking down on the lock nuts.