Re: Clutch rod blow by & tire feathering

I'm not sure exactly what your tire looks like.

I have seen a condition that some refer to as "cold tearing".  In which the
tire gets warm, and works ok.  However, it does not get fully
heated up and soft.   I have seen cold tearing accelerate (mostly
on Metzeler ME33s).  In other words, it starts with a layer tearing
off (and bunching up at the edge of the tire) followed by another
layer and another.  I have thown out very young tires that had gotten into this
cycle.

In my experience, use of a pyrometer has been helpful to eliminate
this by varying the air pressure in order to get the tire into the proper
heat range for the rubber compound.

Just curious, how much air pressure are you running?  What are the
ambient temps?  Ever check the tire operating temperature?

RS