RE: total motorcyclist ( foot in mouth) - for Donny

> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On
> Behalf Of Paul Steinbacher
>
> I would be interested in hearing about the bag
> modification. Mine are bouncing around pretty
> good now and I'm starting to notice quite a bit
> of wear on the bags and brackets in spots.

Probably at the point where the leading edge of the mounting rail and
the leading edge of the lip on the bag come together, right? I've got
about a 1/16" grove worn into both parts for a total of 1/8" of play.

Currently, my 'keep it from getting worse until I can think of
something better' solution is to cut some 1/8" rubber gasket material
(about $1.00 a square foot at OSH) into small blocks and fill the
space up. I'm not having ay luck with the glue, though.

> Not to mention the leak has returned bigger
> than ever.

Take a close look at the seams running around over the rear of the
pannier inner. That's where mine is cracking.