Oil Leak

Spotted an oil leak under the OO Blue ST about 3 or 4 weeks ago and didn't
think much of it at the time.  Looked like a thin film from the drain plug
and maybe a little on the filter.  One or two drops under the bike.  Now,
after a short ride today I parked on the kick stand and went shopping with
my daughter.  When I got back she said "Dad, there is oil under your
Triumph".  Small puddle about 3 inch by 1 1/2 inch.  I checked the filter
and no oil but a little on the drain plug.  I ran my finger on the inside of
the fairing on the port side and there was oil as well as on the engine
casing.  It looks like it is coming from the shift lever shaft.  I can see
oil around the washer on the shaft.  The oil level is just below max on the
sight gauge and about the same since my last oil change.  I normally use the
center stand not the kick stand.  Any ideas ?