belly burn

Today I took off my belly pan, in preparation for summer, as recommended, by
someone on the list, and discovered the dreaded exhaust burn on the right
side I know this has been discussed on the list but can't remember what the
fix is. Anyone?
BTW I got them off without removing the fairing.There is one screw that is a
bit awkward, but the short end of the allen wrench can be wiggled in under
the fairing.

I also installed my european light switch, (from Jack Lilley) without
removing the cockpit, as another lister suggested. There is a zip tie way up
inside that slowed me a little, until I realised its presence. Also there are
two short black wires with right angle push-on female spade connectors, that
attach to the brake handle housing, that need to be spread with a screw
driver before they will fit. A little fiddly getting the two halves of the
switch back together, what with the throttle cable, grip heater wire, and
all, but now I can pull up for our Sunday club ride with just my cute litle
parking light on. Dave Collins, San Diego