Re: for Steve - son on pillion

On Fri, 5 May 2000, don draper wrote:

>    My wife spent most of her life screaming at me that "You're going
> to get one of these kids killed with all this riding motorcycles,
> horses, skiing, scuba diving, surfing and speedboat nonsense!!!".
>
>    They're all in their forties now and in perfect health, she died
> last September after a lifetime of risk avoidance; she was still too
> young for Social Security and Medicare.

Sorry for your loss, and to a large extent I do agree with you.

A story for y'all. A friend and I just got full packet for a road
trip, on the way out from his apartment he timed a green perfectly
in the furthest to the right of 3 lanes, jackass turning left from
the opposite direction did the same, my friend swerves right, then
left, I then see his front wheel get caught between the rear wheel
and the 1/4 panel and him flying over the tail of the truck.

After he goes off to the hospital , while I put his personal
belongings an 8 (or so) year old starts talking to me and says:

"Wow, my Mom say bikes (motorized ones) are dangerous, and after
seeing that I will never get one"

My responce, "if you never do anything because of what might happen,
you will spend the rest of your life in front of a tv, all you have
to do is weigh the risks"

Taking you grown children out to the cayons is great, and I will
do the same if my (future) children develope the same love for
motorsports.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664