Re: handling

Erik Miner wrote:

> Loose the stock tires and Racetech the front forks. I've got new
> tires set to go on this week. But replacing the front fork springs
> with the Racetech has made a really big difference. Much less dive
> and cut the standing up by about 40% hope the tires will add another
> 40%. Also for those that have Racetech-ed their front ends I had my
> suspension guru change the front fork oil in ONE fork to 10 wt (
> still have 5 in the other) it helped get the rebound just about
> perfect. I also had on Racetech's advise a quarter turn added to the
> emulators, so compression damping is also right on the money. Frankly
> I really wish Triumph had spent the extra few dollars and given us
> the Cartridge fork of the Daytona and Speed T . I can't see why they
> had to cheap out on the front forks. The ST is about the same price
> as the Daytona.. Hell I would have spent another $500.00 on the bike
> to get the better forks!

Hi Erik,

What do you weigh (in lbs or kg please)?

I agree with the skimping on the suspension part.  Also, wouldn't it be nice if you
could order a bike from the factory set up for you (kind like buying a PC
has become) e.g. with the right spring rates.

Please post an update once you change the tires?  What are you putting on there?

Robert