Re: ST Handling/cornering

At 07:13 PM 5/8/00 -0500, serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>         I don't know what the fuss is about with the Bridgestone BT57's
> and the bike
>standing up when braking in the middle of a turn. I was taught to set up
>the turn before
>you get into it: You brake and/or get into the correct gear BEFORE
>entering the turn!
>(Slow, Look, Lean, Roll on the power.) You slowly add power while in the
>turn.
>Suggest reading Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist" for some great handling
>stategies.
>         BT57's are very good "all round" tyres which stick rather well in
> very hot, cold,
>wet and dry conditions. I've ridden with worse.

Hey Howard,

I'm with you. The reason I questioned the original post about "standing up"
was I thought it might be a difference in terminology. I'm not a SuperBike
rider - and I not riding a factory one-off. I prefer to stay off the brakes
in a corner as I have been instructed unless my life depends on doing
something else. At that point two things are probably true - 1 - I am
riding above my level and 2 - I am going to be in deep sh....

As for the 57s they have performed well for me - only had one or two
instances of a feeling of loss of control and I put that as much to my
ability as the tires. I may go with the 205/207 setup on this next round,
but I still haven't made up my mind on that.....

- - Eric