RE: handling

one more time...
This is a subject I just went through.  What bike to purchase after Baby is
gone.  I could not justify more money spent on the front suspension of the
ST.  Sure it would be tuned to a single rider or double or maybe a
compromise of the two and that would be it.  It would require major work to
manipulate it any other way.
	I then focused on the Daytona, silver is nice, but, man, is that riding
position murder or what?
	So I am left with Speed T.  This was sort of my approach to the bike.
 Upon further examination I realize that although it is no where as
beautiful as the Daytona, ST, or the RS.  But the bike does have a fully
adjustable suspension of which, I agree with Erik, they should have made
the suspension fully adjustable.   Perhaps this is in the future of the ST,
but I digress, the triple has some good qualities as well.  It doesn't have
any fairing which will make the bike not nearly as hot to ride in those hot
summers of the L.A. area.  It may potentially be cheaper to fix than the ST
in some of the spills I have had as well.  The riding position is more
upright than the ST but the trade off is higher foot pegs.  The triple,
with stock can, is significantly quicker than my ST was with the "race"
can.
	So...  I went for a test drive.  I found the ergos and motor to be
captivating, as we have come to expect from Triumph.  Only thing I can
truly find not to my liking is the wind blast at speed and the seat.  Wind
blast would be taken care of by a screen that is available and the seat,
hmm, what to do with the seat?
	In any case I have put my money where my mouth is and put a deposit on a
Blk 00 Triple with a few goodies.  I am perhaps a bit too serious about
this... :-)
	I won't leave the list unless you Ladies and Gents throw me out though.
;-)
the crowd around hear is way too cool!

Martin "Broke Dawg" Retherford
99 HD Sporty - worthless
99 ST - Triumph heaven
00 Triple - As soon as the check gets here