Re: handling

- --IMA.Boundary.9250687590

     I hadn't noticed this as a problem so on the way home yesterday I tried it
     on some twisty back roads. I could carry the brakes deep into a corner or
     apply them mid-corner without the bike standing up. Is this what people are
     talking about?

     I'm running Avons which have a very round profile in comparison to the BT57s or
     Metzlers and definitely give better stability at the expense of some turn in
     speed.

     Martin,
     Dublin, Ireland

> Still working on the handling of the ST.  Has
> anyone addressed the bike standing up under braking?

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software

- --IMA.Boundary.9250687590

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: handling</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Courier New">&gt; Still working on the handling of the
ST.&nbsp; Has</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Courier New">&gt; anyone addressed the bike standing up
under braking?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I've found that tire profile has a lot to do with
standing up under braking. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Bridgerocks tend to have a relatively triangular
profile. If lowering the </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">pressure as suggested above helps, that's great.
When you change</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">tires, try a more rounded profile. I use Metzelers
with good results, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">both from an improved handling standpoint and
better mileage. </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>