Re: ST Handling/cornering

serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>         I don't know what the fuss is about with the Bridgestone BT57's and the bike
> standing up when braking in the middle of a turn. I was taught to set up the turn before
> you get into it: You brake and/or get into the correct gear BEFORE entering the turn!

I have to agree with Howard on this issue, confirmed with my own flesh
and bone tissue.  I have been involved with club racing/vintage road
racing for about ten years now and have crashed hard three times.  Once
was due to another racer falling down in front of me at Roebling Road
in Savannah Ga. at around 90-100MPH.  The other two were:  Loosing the
front end due to too much front brake while heeled over in a turn at
Gratten, Mich. and also loosing the front end due to too much front
brake while heeled over in a turn at Las Vegas International (yes I am
a slow learner!)  Get into the habit of doing your braking before
entering a turn!  There may be occasions when something unexpected will
happen in front of you after starting the turn and you will need to
brake, and some bikes will behave better than others while doing it
but it is not a good habit to aquire and use on the street or on
the track.

Gary
(Just back from Corsa MotoClassica at Willow Springs)

End of st-digest V2000 #215