Re: ST Handling/cornering

Howdy Mark,

While I have not been riding for 34 years yet, you are indeed correct
that all bikes stand up when applying the front brake when leaned over.
There is one exception though, the BMW.  I recently rode their R1100R
model and was very impressed with the anti-dive telelever.  I lightly
applied the brakes in a corner to see how it would do, then found myself
trying it often, amazed that it did not change the attitude of the
bike.  It was also great that it did not dive in straight braking.  Now
if only they had a decent motor in the bike and a reasonable price tag
(in order of importance), their bikes would be great choice.  Until
then, I'll stay with Triumph.

..Richard White

Mark Hanke wrote:

> I've been riding for 34 years  and every bike I've rode "stands up" when the
> brakes are applied. It's a natural reaction, or so I'm told by the experts.
> Big Dawg

End of st-digest V2000 #217