Re: Outranked by Major Engine Damage

> About 1/2 mile from the Sunland off-ramp the engine looses power.
> Completely. Immediately I disengage the clutch and start cursing.
> Above the curses, the white noise of the wind, and the hum of the
> tires on the pavement I hear 'the noise'. A rapid, metallic clicking
> noise is coming from the engine compartment.

> Wonder of wonders - my buddy lives just down the block and he has a
> truck all set up for transporting bikes that he uses to get his bikes
> to and from the shop. > Finally, I call the tow company to see what the
hold up is. "Oh yeah"
> they say "we'll be out there in about an hour."

    Well Rick I hope the only parallel between out stories is that the bike
quit near a friends house.

Sounds very similar to what happened to my bike..

For those that do not know what happend to mine .....at 6600 miles my motor
was rebuilt due to a cam chain tensioner that had stripped the teeth causing
the cam timing to change which bent all intake valves and two exhaust
valves.Cleans the carbon off of the pistons too......

Rick ,will your bike turn over?

Have your dealer check the tensioner if they cant find any other problem.

Robert
Dallas