Re: Silly questions

James Wright wrote:

> Firstly, this is a really dumb one, where is the helmet lock on this
> thing?

As Jim already pointed out, there isn't one. However, if you get the
saddle bags there's a really cool cigar holder that comes with them. I
don't know of any other bikes that offer it, so if you're a cigar smoker
maybe that'll make up for it?

> Secondly and less dumb but probably paranoid, I've noticed a very
> light sort of metallic ringing (would say rattling but too high
> frequency) sound, possibly coming from the engine, but I can't tell
> because it only happens under load (at idle it goes away).

I can't remember my bike making the sound you're describing, but Triumph
engines are pretty tight when new. They take a while to break in, and
they make some noises that are different from any other bike. I'd say
ride it and don't worry about it unless it becomes more noticible. If it
becomes more noticible, well, that's what the warranty's for. :-)

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA