Re: Silly questions

Previously, you (James Wright) wrote:
> Hi all, a couple of questions on my new ST (now up to 180 miles...).
>
> Firstly, this is a really dumb one, where is the helmet lock on this
> thing? On Japanese bikes it's attached to the seat lock, but I can't
> seem to find any place to attach something there, and it's not obvious
> to me anywhere else either.

The helmet lock is what keeps the pannier boxes from opening.  That is,
the only means of securing your helmet is inside a pannier box.

> Secondly and less dumb but probably paranoid, I've noticed a very
> light sort of metallic ringing (would say rattling but too high
> frequency) sound, possibly coming from the engine, but I can't tell
> because it only happens under load (at idle it goes away).  Is this a
> familiar sound, or should I ask a mechanic to have a listen?

What octane gas are you running? Maybe too low.  The ST won't run on
regular without pinging (pre-detonation).

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"
- --
New Year's Resolution: SaddleSore 1000 (tm) or bust!
                       http://www.ironbutt.com