shops to visit

In a message dated 5/11/00 9:56:09 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I am going to be in Monterey California over the weekend and I was
wondering if there are any shops that are worth visiting.  Coming form
Virginia I'd like to see a few shops, you know, see if they are any
different, and of course by lots and lots of stuff (think the airline will
let me carry a CF exhaust on the plane?)  Any race shops or such, I am
looking for gear for my wife, so they don't have to be a bike dealer.
   Also, in June I get to spend a week in San Diego for business so the same
question goes.  I wanted to go up to ZCustom leathers shop, but did not know
of any where else I should go. >>

In Monterey, you are not very far from Hollister, home of Corbin
saddleworks. When I visited their previous location, they were very friendly,
and gave me a tour of the shop. If you want one of their saddles, they will
take your measurements and custom=make a seat for you.
In San Diego, I recommend Rocket Motorcycles,  the Triumph dealer, 5171
Morena Place, (619)276-2177, and Thurlow Leatherworld (858) 279-9004. , on
Mercury street. Thurlow makes beautiful deerskin riding suits and gloves,
top-of-the-line stuff, both custom-made and off the shelf. You couldn't go
wrong with a pair of their gloves. Dave Collins San Diego