RE: Damage estimate

Ok I have to reply and set your minds at ease.
My husband Kevin is on this list and forwards many of the emails to me.
Rest assured guys you are not the only ones these little slips happen to.

In mid March of 2000 I took the CC Rider course and got my License.  My
husband bought me an Aprilla Pegaso 650.  About a month ago my husband
thought I should upgrade to a real bike and bought me a Red 2000 Sprint ST.
I love this bike.  No fear.. just get on it and go..
We got to the dealer to pick it up and went for a test drive before writing
the check.  I loved it! we finished the deal and got on our bikes to head to
Monterey for the weekend.  As I sat on my brand new bike in front of the
dealers main entrance, I looked down and saw my shoe was un-tied.  I leaned
over to tie my shoe.. The whole time saying to myself this is not good.
Just get off the bike, then fix your shoe lace.. Did I listen to my self? NO
why start now.. So right there in front of the main entrance my BRAND NEW ST
slide between my legs and down to the ground taking me with it.  As I laid
there on the ground tiring to keep at least my sprit up. I thought "I sure
am glad I just bought the back padding for my Triumph jacket I was wearing"
My husband and 2 other guys in the shop came running over to pull the bike
off me.
How did the dealer handle it?  The service manager came out right a way,
looked at the damage and pulled parts from stock and other bikes to replace
my side panel, gear lever, and side mirror.  My BRAND NEW bike was back to
normal within an hour. While they did the repairs, my husband and I went to
the sporting goods store and got a knee support brace for my twisted knee.
Then we hit the road and headed for a wonderful weekend in Monterey, CA.

Last week I headed for home. Stopped in front of my house to hit the garage
door opener.  I was in neutral, however I must of hit the shift lever as I
put my foot down.  My Little red ST took a big leap forwards from an
complete stand still. I was afraid of getting hurt again and I let it go.
Now I am looking at about the same body damage as first and on the same
side.

For Mothers day we traded in the Aprilia 650 for the Triumph TT600.  WOW god
do I love it... This is the best bike and just the right size.  easy to
turn, easy to handle.  I don't think I'll have any problems with my new TT.
I will still continue to ride my Little Red ST as well.

Darla Friel
00 TT600
00 Sprint ST
00 Daytona 955i