RE: California Emissions

  I believe the cross over pipes, which my bike has (49 state RS), are for
low end torque.  Something about the exhaust pressure being used to pull the
other cylinders clean or something.  The connector pipe on the RS and I
assume the ST is about 3 inches or so down the pipe from the engine, if you
have something different, who knows!!  I do know on 4 into 1 pipes for 4
cylinder engines tend to reduce low end power in favor of top end, so this
is what I am basing my factless assumption on, but I it sounded good when I
though of it!!

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va.  USA