From: Soosalu, Grant [mailto:soosalug@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 4:09 PM
To: 'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Problem with Throttlemeister

I posted this question a while ago, but I'm not sure whether it actually got
through to the list due to the love you virus problem that was going around.
In any case I didn't receive any responses. So for all those with a
Throttlemeister....

I installed a Throttlemeister a few months back on my Triumph ST and I
really like it except for one very annoying issue that I was wondering if
anyone else had any advice on or a solution for. On normal highway riding,
when the Throttlemeister is wound off, it stays off. However, when I get
into any prolonged twisties, with lots of throttle twisting, the edge of my
glove provides enough friction and overlap onto the throttlemeister and
causes it to slowly creep on, leading to it locking the throttle on (more or
less) after 20 or 30 corners. What this means is that I have to remember to
wind/back it off on a regular basis when I should be concentrating on the
next corner coming up fast :-(

Has anyone else found this to be a problem? Does anyone have a solution?

I was thinking of trying to get a machinist to manufacture some type of
'indent' into the device, so that it requires an extra amount of
pressure/twist to get it out of the 'locked off' position. But this will
probably be an expensive solution costing more than the throttlemeister cost
in the first place. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance,

cheers, Grant