Re: Problem with Throttlemeister

Thanks for the response Martin (and Paul). The installation is fine. The
distance is correct and it only engages as you say in the last turns of the
on position. However, you may be correct in that it may not be as tight as
it should be in the turning friction department. It certainly doesn't take
much force to rotate it. So maybe I got one that doesn't have enough
friction. I assume that the friction is provided by the o-ring seals in it.
I contacted TM directly via email and their response is to send it back to
them (a bit of pain given I have to mail if from Australia) and they will
see about making it tighter to turn. However, for peace of mind I would
really like to get some sort of indent manufactured in so that there is a
definite positive "click" that it returns to when in the off position ie.
some sort of spring loaded ball that rides into an indentation when the
thing is wound out to off.

Can anyone else who has a TM tell me how tight there's is, ie. how easy is
it to wind it on and off. Mine is definitely not extremely tight (not loose
but not super tight). I also assume by the lack of previous responses to my
question that of the I guess 20 or more dawgs who use the TM that none of
you have had the same experience or problem that I am having with the thing.

Thanks and cheers,
Grunter
Subject: RE: Problem with Throttlemeister

	The TM (throttlemiester) doesn't sound like it is as tight as ihould
be or that it may not be installed properly.
	Others may differ but my TM was veryin its rotation.  It
would take a concerted effort to activate it.
	In the installation aspect the distance may not be set right.  The
TM should only really contact your grip at the very last turns of it's "on"
position.  If your glove is moving it enough to cause connection with the
grip then it may be too close.

Martin Retherford