It's called Character

I'm sad.

You can add my Sprint RS to every problem list there is.

I bought it about a month ago from CalBMWTriumph here in
California and it was fine for the first few weeks.
Then the fuel pump started howling while the engine was
running and I started to smell petrol (gas) when I took
the cover off in the mornings.

No problem thought I. I'll mention these things at it's
500 mile service and they'll sort it out.

Now I find out that the howling that is louder than the
running engine is considered by Triumph to be normal!
The dealer knows how to fix it but will not do so unless
I pay for the work.

It also turns out that the fuel leak is coming from the
fuel rail. A part which is not in the country and nobody
(not the dealer, not ToA) is able to tell me when it
will get here, but seem to think it could be weeks.

When I told my friends I had bought a Triumph they all
cracked jokes about British bikes leaking oil and living
in the workshop. Those jokes don't seem so funny now.

Cheers,
KEv