RE: another victim

>The first is in the service assistance given to local dealers by Triumph
>of America.  My local dealer where i bought my last Triumph is now not a
>TRiumph dealer.  When i asked them last year what happened they told me
>that Triumph wanted them to sell more T-birds, and adventurers before
>they could sell daytonas, ST's or speed triples.  WEll the market where
>i am is not so good about those t-birds and the like so they couldn't
>get any new bikes so they bailed.

This sounds like my local shop who is also no longer a dealer.  They brought
in 6 bikes last year, sold one, then this year Triumph wanted them to bring
in six more plus take the training courses for the TT600 at 4 or 5,000 bucks
per mech.  Given their profit margin of a couple of grand per bike, just the
interest they pay on the stock they have now has pretty much eroded the
profit they made for the brand last year.  This plus the fact that ToA
promised to bring the demo tour by last year,  then didn't show, really
pissed off the dealer, so they chucked them.  Worked out well for me,
because I got the sprint cheap, but now I'm without warranty support, so I
guess you take your chances.

Todd
'46 Chief, '56 TRW, '99 Sprint