RE: It's called Character

Kevin,

It's always darkest before the dawn.  Murphy's Law states:  "If anything can
go wrong, it will."  Finagle's First (and only) Law states:  "The perversity
of the universe tends toward a maximum."  Crash's Corollary to Finagle's
First Law states:  "The frustration caused by a trivial mechanical problem
is in direct proportion to the number of your friends who notice it."

Motorcycles are not cars.  In truth, you are not dealing with just another
complicated mechanical contrivance built on Friday by imperfect human
beings.  They are reincarnations of beautiful, quirky women (apologies to my
sisters on the list, but I can actually channel Boudicca if you want me to
prove this assertion).  If you keep this fact in mind it will soothe the
pain a bit.  Each one has her own personality and she isn't ordinary.  I
would not argue with your choice to call this trait "character".  Over the
past several years, manufacturers worldwide have tried to engineer the
character out of motorcycles and make them as functional and spiritually
vacant as cars.  Fortunately, no one is aware of the exact nature of the
problem and pre-delivery exorcisms are not performed.

Your Sprint is new, so give the old girl time to settle in.  She'll soon
stop breaking things and then you can start building a better relationship.
Living with a motorcycle requires understanding, affection, and
accommodation.  Sounds familiar doesn't it?  Remember, your Sprint will be a
source of pride and joy long after these minor inconveniences are forgotten.
So go out to the garage, tell her you still love her, compliment the shapely
curves of her bodywork, promise to buy her a nice accessory or two, and ride
her hard until something breaks.  Always works for me.

Crash (Hey, Honey, where are you going with those suitcases?)

Mr. Crash Happy sez:
"Endeavor to persevere."
mrcrashhappy@xxxxxxxxx