Re: Headlights

Colin
I think some of us wrote at length on this about 3-4 months ago.
I had a new ST last summer and got a new one again this spring (due to
write-off insurance case).
The former came with headlights wired in tandem, the latter with one lamp on
main and dipped beam, respectively.
I've now had them doctored - it's an easy and painless operation involving
the purchase of two relays - one for each beam - that you have to insert
under the right inside top fairing. I had to buy mine, they didn't come free
as I'd expected - after all, it's not a recall, more a customized
modification on the part of the bike owner (who is also liable in law for
any contravention involved ... bla bla bla).
Now I feel much safer, much more visible, and much more inclined to ride at
night as I always used to.
With only one beam, the dipped tended to illuminate the left half of the
road, leaving the rest dark.
I also felt eerily invisible to zombie-like London pedestrians during the
daytime and was for ever being ignored or overlooked.
My advice is to go for it.

Tim