Oil Warning at Idle: Solved

I am so relieved to have unraveled this known but uncommon problem I feel
compelled to post its resolution for the benefit of those who may encounter
it in the future. You may recall the symptoms from my earlier post with the
same subject:  oil warning lamp lit  or flickering only at idle and only
when the motor is thoroughly warmed. The slightest increase in rpm would
extinguish the lamp immediately. I was comforted by those that responded,
indicating that this condition was largely inconsequently - and it may well
have been. It was a bit unnerving though. Be that as it may, the solution
was the discovery of a damaged and non-functioning O ring on one of the oil
sump lines. The ineffective seal caused a back flow of sorts at idle. At
higher rpms the oil pump overcame this minor blockage. The O rings (three of
them) were replaced and my Sprint now sounds alive and youthful. The
experience has left me with the temporary impression that honesty is common
and mechanics are cunning.