Re: It's called Character

kevin unthank wrote:

> Now I find out that the howling that is louder than the
> running engine is considered by Triumph to be normal!
> The dealer knows how to fix it but will not do so unless
> I pay for the work.

That's bogus, and frankly I have a hard time believing that that opinion
came from ToA. If I were you I'd call up ToA in Atlanta and get the word
straight from the horse's mouth.

> It also turns out that the fuel leak is coming from the
> fuel rail. A part which is not in the country and nobody
> (not the dealer, not ToA) is able to tell me when it
> will get here, but seem to think it could be weeks.

There were some posts a while ago about a snafu in shipping parts to the
US, but someone (Eric?) indicated that two containers of parts had
arrived and were rapidly being distributed to the dealers. If your part
isn't in one of those shipments, I'd certainly consider giving Jack
Lilley a call -- you'll probably get the part you need within a week.
(There's no excuse for getting better parts service from Europe than
domestically, but still it's an option...)

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA