Re: Bad luck

Eric
My (our?) turn to commiserate with you, who are always so sympathetic to the
rest of us.
After one Trophy and two Sprints, I've learned that Trumpets are pretty
resilient if they go down on their side and rarely sustain much mechanical
damage at slow speeds or when stationary. However, the fairings and side
panels (plus panniers) are very sensitive, and they 'are' costly to replace.
I have now realized that it's almost worse to come off the bike and get
pinned down with your leg under the machine rather than become separated
from it - for then, you are rendered totally incapable of righting the bike
on your own. At least it's just about possible when you're not trapped
underneath it.
Any ideas about how to repair odd bald patches on the fairing etc. as a
temporary measure? I have chipsticks and the usual waxes, but these spots
are eerily white and will take some covering. At this rate, it's going to
end up looking like my dad's old car with rust-red primer covering all the
blotches - yuk!
Soldier on!
Tim