high speed ST

       I just thought I'd drop a note to the list and let ya'll know
that I spent a high-speed weekend down near the Columbia River Gorge
in southern Washington State, land of 95+ sweepers, tight twisty
canyon roads, and little to no other traffic.  For anyone in the area,
I would have to highly recommend the following route: Highway 14 east
to 142 north to 97.  Lovely!

       Halfway through the trip, we went off-road, and I managed to
avoid dumping the bike over 25 miles of gravel roads winding through
the hills north of the Columbia.  Man that bike is twitchy at 40mph on
downhill gravel corners!

       I was with two friends who have a 99 VFR and a 97 VFR, and
although the sound of the 4 is much sweeter ( to my ears at least, the
triple at idle sounds like a diesel engine ) I wouldn't trade them
bikes...:)

- --
- -jong