Re: Fuel leak....

On Wed, 24 May 2000 08:10:15 -0400, you wrote:

>  Is this problem geographic? being caused by gas in the west vs east
>coast? my dealer who has done a bunch of senders hasn't had any come
>back leaking..go figure
>
>Erik

I think we have at least two confirmed cases of the failure being due
to cracked epoxy where the wires enter the sender. The question is
whether or not the failure occurs as a result of installation.
Possibly by laying the tank down on the sender and cracking the epoxy.
Or, perhaps this is a fatigue failure caused over time due to
vibration. This makes sense as a good portion of the failures have
occurred after several tanks of gas. Has anyone had one fail
immediately after installation?

Ken "Super Dawg" Pickett
Apopka, FL
00 ST "Christine"