Re: 1st annual Mines Mercedes Config Run

>Hey there Sprinters, ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE SF BAY AREA!
>How about joining me for the First Annual Mines Mercedes Configuration
>Run, or
>Mines Mercedes for short.
>I would like to do this at 9AM on Saturday, June 24th. Seems to me that Sunday
>is more squidly.
>As you know, the Mercedes logo is a three pointed star, so this is a three
>pointed Route.

Can I offer one change to the route?

Livermore to the junction, then to Patterson, back to the junction, then up
to Mt. Hamilton. Those of from the South Bay can then drop back into the
valley on the other side. I would also recommend that for anyone else, as
going down the backside of Mt. Hamilton is one of my least favorite parts
of that ride since lately the road seems to ooze oil. Going down steep
downgrades on a slick road isn't my idea of fun, especially on a 500 pound
bike.

Other than that I'm all for the idea. I'm just getting back to riding after
my back injury and hopefully by then I will have recovered enough to really
feel comfortable. Right now I still have to think to myself, raise the foot
to shift, raise the foot to shift. I'll bring my digital camera so we can
have video and stills.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com