Re: Speeding tickets, plea bargains, etc

Erik,

Good advice.  I just talked to one I found in the yellow pages who's in the
same town.  He knows the judges, and the prosecutors etc, and is all too
familiar with the whole process.  And it'll cost me $150, compared to $350 I
was quoted by a lawyer specializing in traffic law (which was probably
mostly to cover his travel time to and from the place).  Plus he's confident
it can negotiated way down - may be to some non-speeding offense.

As a funny aside, this lawyer told me there are two judges in this small
town, and one of them is completely senile. "his mind has snapped like a dry
twig" quoth the lawyer.  So if you end up in his court and piss him off, you
could get life for parking in a tow-away zone.  Ain't the American justice
system grand!

Mort