Re: hello everyone

Hi Mark...

Welcome to the list.  I don't have an ST but an RS.  But I did own
a Ducati M900 and later a 900SS/SP awhile back so I can give you
my impressions.  The Triumph's motor, in my opinion, puts the
Duc twin to shame, at least in the lower rpms where most street
riders live.  This bike feels *way faster* than my Ducs ever did.
To me the suspensions on the Ducs felt better, but you can do your
front forks with Race Tech and get a better rear shock.  So you definitely
have some options to beef up the suspensions on the Triumphs.
I road a Duc ST2 when it first came out and it felt anemic compared
to my 900SS but I've heard the ST4 is a lot better (but haven't
ridden it).  Owning motorcycles is definitely an emotional thing.
I went through a phase where I had to have a Ducati (or 2 :-) )
and I'm glad I did.  But they cost a lot of money and are expensive
to maintain.  So, if you just have to have an italian motorcycle,
you might have to go do that to get it out of your system.  But
if that's not so much the case, I'd buy a Triumph, hands down.

Kathy

'00 Sprint RS
Snohomish, WA