Re: hello everyone

>- Does Triumph have a racing heritage (I don't mean to pick a fight,
>just asking)
>-
Whoa,  BIG TIME!!!

>Limited suspension adjustments
>- Really was looking for a v-twin.
>
>Of course the numbers say the Sprint has the better motor, it costs less
>too, and it probably sport tours better.  Maybe I should buy both?  (fat
>chance).
>
>Okay lets narrow it down to two questions:
>
>- What can I do to make the suspension more sporting?

Racetech is the ticket for the front forks.. IMHO the weak link in an
otherwise perfect bike. I make it a point every time I speak with
anyone at Triumph to ask for an ST with a fully adjustable cartridge
fork.. Stock rear stock is pretty good.. I'd ride it awhile before
deciding on a replacement. Yes the Penske, Ohlins and Fox are
better.. for more $$$

>- What has the history been for reliability?  Also, what are the
>maintenance intervals (valve adjustment in particular).

Valves every 12K.  Reliability has been outstanding. Perfect no, but
exceptional none the less.

>Any information and feedback is welcome.  This is going to be a tough
>decision for me, I don't plan on buying until next year, but I go
>between the two every day and just can't make up my mind.  Agh!

You need to ride them both. I think you'll end up with an ST.. And
with the $$ you'll save you can easily do the suspension up. The Duc
is a bit more sporting in someways but not nearly as comfy. The
Triple is also IMO a nicer motor.. better fi, stronger, and smoother,
with a  great power band.

By the way, I don't know if anyone on this list knew Troy Blood

He was good people, and definitely will be missed.

Erik