Re: 2001 ST - wheels & dyno readings

    1. What color are the wheels on your bike? The 2000 blue ST's had black
        wheels, and my 2001 came out of the crate with the same silver
color
        wheels as on the Daytona and Speed Triple. I am actually very
     pleased
        with that,  but I was wondering if that was a US 2001 model year
     change.

Same on the Australian models. Black wheels for 2000, grey for 2001.

  2. I am aware of the production variances and inconsistencies with rear
        wheel dynos, but is there an explanation for the >10% difference in
        magazine reported HP and torque figures? Sport Rider, Cycle World,
        and Motorcyclist (US) all reported ~102 HP and ~65 lb. ft. at the
        rear wheel, while Motorcycle Consumer News (US), and Performance
        Bike (UK) show ~89 HP and ~59 lb. ft. at the rear wheel.

Can depend on the brand of dyno. Dynojets add 17.5% to the 'real' rear
wheel figures. If the higher figures are on a dynojet & the others are not,
this could explain it. 89 hp x 1.175 is not far off 102.
Some brands of dyno or some shops are forced to calibrate their machines to
read the same as Dynojet as no one likes to be told their bike puts out
much less power than when they had it tested on the dynojet up the road.

Darren Mason.