Re: G'day

Hi Darren,

> Hi,
>      I've been 'lurking' since I brought my 2000 Sprint ST about 6 weeks
> ago. Only about 2000 km so far, but it was off the road for 2 weeks while
> had the wheels polished then nickel plated. Looks great, better than black
> or silver in my opinion. The wheels almost looks like they have been
chrome
> plated & theres no elbow grease repolishing all the time.

I've been considering having that done. How much did it cost you in the end?

> I've got a couple of headlight questions :
>
> Does anyone know why Triumph changed to single headlights operating on
each
> beam for 2000 ? Is this standard worldwide or do some markets have both ?

Aparantly it is required by the Aust. design rules although I've never heard
of it being enforced.

> Can the battery/alternator handle 2 low beams at once as well as heated
> grips etc ?

No problems at all.

> Are the lenses the same on 99/2000 models ? ie : if you wire up the 2nd
> light are the lights going to be focused properly or is one lens designed
> for only low & 1 only for high ?

Nope. It works fine with both on for high and low. That's the way mine is
now.

> I know this site lists a plug that can be purchased to wire up the second
> headlight, but after looking at the wiring diagram, this appears to be
> unneccessary. The workshop manual indicates both headlights shoud work on
> both beams. It appears a single light on each beam is wired up without a
> relay (probably straight through the switch from memory) & there should be
> a relay to operate the second light. Near the Right headlight there are 2
> empty relay sockets. When I fit a relay to 1, I have 2 low beams, when
> fitted to the other, 2 high beams. I havent ridden the bike with the
relays
> fitted yet.
>      So why would you need to by extra plugs & do wiring changes instead
of
> just buying & plugging in 2 relays ? Has anyone else tried this ?

All you have to do is instal the extra relay. The bike shop in Brisvegas
where I bought mine did this from new. Also after having some work done on
it a little while ago they accidently removed one of my relays. I pointed
this out and he just plugged it back in while I watched.

I've heard of other people gearing their bikes down. I'm also considering
doing this. I've heard that it improves acceleration as well.

Phil
'00 ST